It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:27 am

Follow me mode on Naza controller?

Moderators: Jaco, DRCullingworth

• Author

Wildduke

Follow me mode on Naza controller?

PostMon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if I were to run a Naza m v2 flight controller, would I loose the ability to use the Android AGC and follow me mode?

DRCullingworth

Re: Follow me mode on Naza controller?

PostMon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi there, You wouldn't be able to use the AGS with naza at all and there is no follow me modes for naza that i know of.
Production Manager
Senior Drone Technician
Test Pilot

crispy

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey,
I think its really important for you guys to make this super clear on your shop next to the options to choose Naza or your own system. I recently bought the Naza 2 with the Qu4d and am pretty upset to find i cant use the extra features like waypoints/ follow me etc. From all your promotional material It just made sense that this would be part of the package especially as the Naza is more expensive. I guess its also my fault for being a newbie...
Do you think its possible that they might issue a firmware update to the Naza allowing waypoints? Or do i need to replace the Naza with the Arducopter system?
Thanks
C

DRCullingworth

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Usually when you buy a product it is a great help to research the (in this case) controller you are interested in. in our promotional video we use the Qu4d with the APM. Naza on it's own is very different. and if you wanted waypoints. possibly could have phoned us and asked what the best would be for your application. even emailed me at

support@steadidrone.com

I understand the prediciment you're in. Unfortunately with Naza (if you want waypoints), you have to buy a controller with those unlocked capabilities. That is how Naza Works.
Production Manager
Senior Drone Technician
Test Pilot

crispy

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah,
I understand that and i did what i thought was two months of good research. Having said that It really did seem inconcievable that this would not be an option considering how integral it seems from all your vids.

All im saying is a little note next to the naza option on your website saying waypoints and follow me unavailable would be a simple yet very helpfull way to assist newbies choosing their system.

DRCullingworth wrote:I understand the prediciment you're in. Unfortunately with Naza (if you want waypoints), you have to buy a controller with those unlocked capabilities. That is how Naza Works.

Are you saying i can buy an extra bit of kit to give my naza the waypoint functionallity? could you point me in the direction of said controller? thanks :)

If not, is my only option to buy your apm and swap them?

thanks!

DRCullingworth

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 pm

crispy wrote:Yeah,
I understand that and i did what i thought was two months of good research. Having said that It really did seem inconcievable that this would not be an option considering how integral it seems from all your vids.

All im saying is a little note next to the naza option on your website saying waypoints and follow me unavailable would be a simple yet very helpfull way to assist newbies choosing their system.

What you are asking is not unreasonable :)
I'll see what i can do.

I'll post any information I have with regards to

crispy wrote:Are you saying i can buy an extra bit of kit to give my naza the waypoint functionallity? could you point me in the direction of said controller? thanks :)

If not, is my only option to buy your apm and swap them?

thanks!

Duncan
Production Manager
Senior Drone Technician
Test Pilot

crispy

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks. also re asking the necessary questions:

I am certainly kicking myself for not getting in touch directly with you. However because I was buying from your European dealer I corresponded with them. I did in fact contact them with a load of questions
One of which was
what would be the advantage of getting the JI NAZA V2 + GP flight controller over the other two? couldn't find much about the comparisons online.

"We plan to directly compare. If I know, between APM and Naza V2 is not much difference, it's more personal preference. I heard, however, that Naza V2 is more stable and has more sensitive GPS."

I would definitely have Expected him to say that it was limited functionality with the naza in response to this question.

Perhaps you guys should make sure your European dealer refers questions to you if they're not sure about it.

Also on the European shop website it Recommends the naza over the other two options. Surely this is misleading??

I hope u can understand why I feel a little hard done by...
Sent from my wireless banana

DRCullingworth

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Naza will be releasing in the future Firmware version 4.0 which will give the possibility of waypoints.

So i'm sure you are happy to know that, I'm not sure on the date yet.

Duncan
Production Manager
Senior Drone Technician
Test Pilot

DRCullingworth

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Naza is definitly the fit for first time flyers.

Those with more experience tend to swing towards APM because of it's feature rich open source forever growing system.
then again. Manual mode in NAZA is pretty advanced

Stability and GPS (NAZA > APM)

Features (NAZA < APM)

The Naza is definitly great quality. Flies great, i think it's perfect to get that shot.
but if you want to mod and completely change your drone and get the new piece of hardware everyone is talking about.
It's most probably modded for Arducopter...

Honestly in the End it is down to personal preference. if i had to rely on getting the perfect shot (for a movie) etc I will go for NAZA .

APM is more raw and constant tweaking for people that like tinkering and customizing.
Production Manager
Senior Drone Technician
Test Pilot

crispy

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks for the info, thats great that the update will bring waypoints!
fingers crossed they unleash it soon
cheers
c

Return to Software / Setup